[at-l] Earl Grey

Depends on your definition of a computer. Several have started with
laptops and such, but the problems with batteries and such that plague
cell phones make such 8 pound beheamoths useless. Many carry PDA's and
similar small machines for journal writing and transmission for email
to support. Many of the watches, GPS's and such are fairly good
computers in a small package.

The reason to bring an item of gear is in its utility for you. Just
what would a computer do for you? You can usually find a machine for
email at a local library, hostel, gear supplier or friend in trail
towns. What is the utility to justify the price, weight and
inconvenience of keeping something else bone dry?

Bill...