[at-l] Pepsi Can Stove

----- Original Message -----
From: "L. Parker" <lparker@cacaphony.net>
To: <Richard.Story@aventis.com>
Cc: "AT-L List (E-mail)" <at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Pepsi Can Stove

The last test run I did melted the expanded aluminum screen that I was
planning on using for the pot stand. I am now using expanded steel instead.
It weighs exactly three times what the stove does and I fear for its long
life.

The stove heats the mesh to red hot. It hasn't melted yet, but....

Lee I Joe
<<

I melted a couple when the aluminum foil ran all the way up the side of the
pot and when the pot size and stand height were not well matched -- e.g.,
the flame spread away from the side of the pot as it made the turn around
the bottom.

Now, my heavy aluminum foil windscreen only overlaps the bottom 1/2 inch, or
so, of the pot and I have not melt one recently.

Chainsaw