Re[2]: [at-l] alcohol stove

----- Original Message -----
From: "L. Parker" <lparker@cacaphony.net>
To: "'Bob C.'" <ellen@clinic.net>; "'William Neal'" <nealb@midlandstech.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 5:43 PM
Subject: RE: Re[2]: [at-l] alcohol stove

SNIP

The resultant height was determined for pragmatic reasons, I wanted
everything to nest within the cook set which meant my titanium cup had to
either fit inside the stand or the stand had to fit inside the cup. I
decided the former arrangement would provide a more stable base. The height
of the stand is three inches. Please note that none of my previous tests had
been run at that high of a level above the stove.
<<
SNIP

Lee I Joe

Have you considered a stand that fits snugly around the pot?

That's what I do.  It avoids the stress (on both the operator and metal in
the stand) of rolling/folding the stand.

My cook set includes a pot cozy.  The stand nest inside the cozy and then
the pot nest inside it.

Chainsaw