[at-l] Hotels near the southern smokies

t.:

You might consider the NOC's "basecamp" located at Wesser, where the AT
crosses the Nantahala River.  It's definitely less than $100, though it's not
a exactly a hotel.  Gutsy and I stayed there one night last summer before
heading up to Cheoah Bald.  You get bunks, showers in a separate building,
and heat, with a nice adjoining restaurant.  I think we paid $15 each.  But
it's about 15 miles from Bryson City.  I don't know if it's open year-round.

Dan