[at-l] Long Trail Chauvinism

>From a few days ago:

Date sent:      	Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:00:04 -0500

Jim Mayer wrote:
>  Other than that the day was pleasant and uneventful - the view
> from Abraham as nice, and must be really incredible on a clear day. I
> think the trail is really getting easier now - I met a NB thru-hiker who
> informed me how hard going up Abraham had been - Abraham is a piece of
> cake!

If you haven't hiked the Long Trail yet, I recommend doing it
southbound so that you can say things like "Abraham is a piece of
cake!"  It really is if you've already clawed your way down there
from Canada.  This summer I kept hearing NB hikers saying "once
you get to Killington it will get easier," and maybe it looks that way
going in that direction.  But heading south the Long Trail clearly
gets easier right around Mount Abraham, and that leaves you with
roughly two thirds of the Trail left as a real big "piece of cake."

Just my two cents worth.

Concordia, LT '02