From: L. Parker [mailto:lparker@cacaphony.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 5:31 PM
To: Paulonweb@hotmail.com
Cc: AT-L List (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [at-l] alcohol stove

Off hand, I would suggest moving your pot further away from the stove. It
sounds to me like it is so close that it can't draft to get fresh oxygen.

At the moment I am getting three minute roiling boils from the full size
Pepsi Stove with a three inch high stand. The instructions on the PCT site
recommend one inch above the stove which is only 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 inches for
the stand. The further up you go, the faster it seems to boil, but the
quicker it burns up the fuel. The one inch height produces a 7 minute
roiling boil and burn out in about 10 minutes or so.

Investigate making a simmer ring. It will help a lot.

Lee I Joe