[at-l] hypothermia vs heat

Not true. In fact, it is quite the other way around. In the cold, the onset
is insidious, you really don't "feel" it setting in. By the time you do, it
is usually too late, you already have some amount of frostbite.

In the heat, you really get hot tired and thirsty, you sweat profusely, then
you stop sweating which is a sure warning sign. If you stop right then you
will be fine, but many people either are not aware of the signs or ignore
them.

The next step is heat stroke. It is called that for a reason, and yes it CAN
kill. It rarely happens these days, not with plenty of fluid, air
conditioning and rest so close by, but it can kill, especially if, like in
Mark's case, you have other complications as well.

Lee I Joe