[at-l] Need help with list moderation (admin)

Hi folks,

    Been gone for a few days and in my absence Milt had to moderate
about 350 messages in the list filters.   This is a crazy amount of work
and time, so I'm looking for some help.   I'd like to get comments or a
volunteer to help with one of the following options:

- Reject all non-subscribed addresses.    This would eliminate the vast
majority of work, but it would also eliminate the possibility of people
being able to post from non-subbed addresses.   Note that you can
subscribe with an address and not have to the receive the list mail,
which solves this problem- but there's still a fair number of folks that
don't do this and just let their posts get moderated.

- Ask for a volunteer moderater.  This persons or persons would have a
responsibility to log into the web interface here and approve/reject
messages.   No decisions on content is made, rather just if the poster
is a valid one and not a spammer.  (This is what Milt and I do, and it's
preventing us from working on the underlying systems).*

- Keep the lists like they are, but "freeze" the features.  Not a good
option, since we also have maintenance to do.

- Get a SysAdmin volunteer.  Need
Unix/Sendmail/FreeBSD/Apache/CGI/Perl/Mailman/Python/HTML guru to unload
maintenance work.*

Thoughts?   I'd be willing to discuss this one on the list, since it has
an impact on the community.  I still want to avoid accepting any
donations or advertising, so that's not an option.

*- for these two options, I'd have to say we're not an equal opportunity
shop :-) as these people would have to be someone on the list for awhile
and someone I'm familiar with.

-R