[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[at-l] Need help with list moderation (admin)
- Subject: [at-l] Need help with list moderation (admin)
- From: email@example.com (Ryan K. Brooks)
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:39:28 -0500
Been gone for a few days and in my absence Milt had to moderate
about 350 messages in the list filters. This is a crazy amount of work
and time, so I'm looking for some help. I'd like to get comments or a
volunteer to help with one of the following options:
- Reject all non-subscribed addresses. This would eliminate the vast
majority of work, but it would also eliminate the possibility of people
being able to post from non-subbed addresses. Note that you can
subscribe with an address and not have to the receive the list mail,
which solves this problem- but there's still a fair number of folks that
don't do this and just let their posts get moderated.
- Ask for a volunteer moderater. This persons or persons would have a
responsibility to log into the web interface here and approve/reject
messages. No decisions on content is made, rather just if the poster
is a valid one and not a spammer. (This is what Milt and I do, and it's
preventing us from working on the underlying systems).*
- Keep the lists like they are, but "freeze" the features. Not a good
option, since we also have maintenance to do.
- Get a SysAdmin volunteer. Need
Unix/Sendmail/FreeBSD/Apache/CGI/Perl/Mailman/Python/HTML guru to unload
Thoughts? I'd be willing to discuss this one on the list, since it has
an impact on the community. I still want to avoid accepting any
donations or advertising, so that's not an option.
*- for these two options, I'd have to say we're not an equal opportunity
shop :-) as these people would have to be someone on the list for awhile
and someone I'm familiar with.