[at-l] gear Weight questions

#1 Not worth the weight to me (elvish eyes ;-). Are you primarily hiking
or bird watching? Maybe you could carry them on weekend hikes and leave
them home on longer hikes? Remember you'll carry them all the time but
only use them occasionally.

#2 One of the secrets to a lighter pack is to lower your comfort level.
How much is that pound worth? And cooking inside a tent isn't the safest
thing you could do. Learn to cook in the rain and save a pound. A garbage
bag will keep your gear dry.

See you're almost 2 pounds lighter already  :-)

woodelf