[at-l] My Anniversary

--
Just wanted to mention today is the anniversary of my summiting Katahdin two
years ago to this day in Year 2000. Yes, Friday the 13th of October in Year
2000. Hard to believe -- seems like yesterday to me.

You know, I couldn't have made it without the wonderful help of Karen Sousa
(POG). I couldn't have asked for a better friend to help me with my
maildrops, on-line journal and emotional support. Karen is the nicest person
I know (TDN to those in the know).

Just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed hearing from Earthworm on my
thru-hike too. That time I slipped on the wet rocks in New Jersay and the
Jelly Bellies tossed up into the air...the other thru-hikers had a laugh at
my recovery. Well of course I ate the Jelly Bellies rilght off the ground!
One right after another...

And yes little Ms. Unmentionable...I still hold the chocolate bosums. They
were too nice to eat on the Trail so I kept them. Have you ever tried to
show chocolate bosums in front of hungry thru-hikers? Run Forrest Run!
Occasionally I lick them for good luck.

This week I had the opportunity to be in a thru-hiker discussion with other
AT thru-hikers out here in the desert. God what a great time I had. Geez, I
wouldn't have missed it for the world -- thru-hiking the AT that is. Every
AT thru-hiker I've met says the same thing too -- a terrific experience.

So...those who are planning a thru-hike in 2003...what a life experience you
have coming your way! Enjoy every second on the Trail. I wish you the best
experience of your life.

Thinking back two years ago...what an absolutely fabulous time my thru-hike
was. The best to you in 2003.

Datto