[at-l] Whites Incident & Cell Phone

--
At 01:27 AM 10/11/2002 -0400, RocksNRoots wrote:

>I feel it important since this brings up several very serious issues
>regarding cell phone dependency on the AT for safety.

There is no doubt whatsoever that cell phones have
emboldened any number of hikers to do foolish things.

I'd like to think that the folks on this list aren't in that
category -- those who would blithely stroll into the woods
assuming that their phone will grant them safety.

rafe b.
aka terrapin
--

---