[at-l] Traction Part deux

As OB stated that area of sole divided into weight gives force per
square inch and the greastest force per square inch has the best
traction.  Unfortunately OB slepted throught the physics lectures
on unstable equilibrium and on frictionless surfaces.  I saw a
perfect example of way this is not true.  This morning a tractor trail
jack knifed on a rain slick road making me 20 minutes late to work.
 The assumption is perfectly correct if the force down is
perpendicular to the surface.  The only time that happens is one is
standing still on a flat surface.  As we all can attest there are no
flat surfaces on the AT.

As for the relationship of foot size to the size of other body parts:
yes I also have large hands.

Grey Owl