[at-l] It Could Happen To You...

It's Amore...

  Moose Trees Colorado Hiker
  October 3 2002 at 9:36 AM

  Mesa Cortina resident Dave Petersen took his yellow labrador, Stanley, for
their usual morning hike Sunday. Petersen said
  he was bushwhacking north of the neighborhood trail, just above the Ruby
Ranch neighborhood when, "All of a sudden, I
  heard a loud snort in the willows."

  "I thought it was a bear and got a hold of the dog's collar and started
moving away," Petersen said. "Then the moose came
  trotting out, saw me and came right for me. He didn't care at all about
the dog."

  That's when Petersen gave the "run" command and made haste himself. He ran
behind a large evergreen and turned around
  to find the bull moose staring at him through the branches. The moose
chased him around the tree, Petersen said, so
  Petersen took to the tree and didn't stop until he was above the moose's
antlers.

  Moose are the largest animals in the deer family. Males can grow to more
than 9 feet long and 6 feet tall at the shoulder
  and often weigh more than 1,000 pounds. They are easily distinguished by
their flattened antlers and "bell," or dewlap,
  under their throat.

  More:

http://www.summitdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Site=SD&Date=20021002&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=210020104&Ref=AR
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.