[at-l] Katahdin Question

--
"What is appropriate summit wear? .....
.... what is the difference temp-wise between a late August summit, a
mid-Sept. summit and a mid-Oct. summit? Significant?"

 I climbed in long polyester undies, wind pants, polartec fleece jacket,
Marmot Precip jacket, Turtle fur hat and wool mittens. That's what I usually
carry when climbing in the Whites and Maine this late in the year, but I
don't always wear it all. This time I did!
 In mid August this year it was in the 80+ up on the tableland, high 90s at
the trailhead. I climbed Katahdin in shorts and a tee shirt, got a bad
sunburn, and drank about two gallons of water. This September, in the space
of one week, it snowed and then thunderstormed on Katahdin. The cold rain and
low clouds had many GAMEs waiting in Millinocket for better weather.
 TJ