[at-l] Summit weather stories

> I think that last trek back up to get back around Mt. Adams
> combined with fighting the slowly worsening weather
> conditions just exhausted him. I have been in a couple
> hurricanes and sail, and I would say the winds on that
> ridge were a steady 50-60 MPH, with long gusts up to 70-80
> Mph.

This is precisely why I gave up hiking in cold conditions.  It can be
profoundly beautiful, but the cold is a cruel mistress and one not to be
taken lightly.  At least in 100 degree heat, you can sweat in the shade for
awhile, drink some water, and know that the night will bring you some
relief.

Shane