[at-l] Katahdin Question

In a message dated 10/9/02 12:34:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

> Surely people don't haul around these heavy
> parkas I am seeing.

Jan

Probably when you see big parka that makes someone resemble the Michelin Man
it is made with down and is not that heavy. In New England, after mid
September, I alway have a down sweater or parka in my pack unless the weather
report is super good. They weigh little and take up little room in the pack.
Most fit into their own small stuff sack.

The Old RidgeRunner