[at-l] Katahdin Question

> > Also, what is the difference temp-wise between a late August summit, a
> > mid-Sept. summit and a mid-Oct. summit? Significant?
Good question that cannot be answered as there is not a weather station on =
top of Katahdin.  The information can be found at the national weather serv=
ice, but the data is very user unfriendly.  I found the link below that wil=
l give you the monthly averages for Bangor Maine.  This would give you an i=
dea of the range.  Of coure you would have to subtract a couple of degrees =
for each thousand feet of elevation.

http://www.bangor-info.com/climate.html

Happy feet!!

Grey Owl