[at-l] Katahdin Question

This time of year, you see all these summit pictures of folks all bundled up
in parkas, etc. at the top of The Mountain.

So, okay, I'm jumping ahead here, but it's a rainy fall day and suitable for
dreaming...

What is appropriate summit wear? Is a hood a good idea? Will my Frogg-Togg
be enough with fleece under? Surely people don't haul around these heavy
parkas I am seeing, so when does one get them shipped.
If my Frogg-Togg jacket won't do, do I want something GoreTex?

Also, what is the difference temp-wise between a late August summit, a
mid-Sept. summit and a mid-Oct. summit? Significant?

Jan
Ga--->Me (with luck)
2003

    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.