[at-l] Shuttle from hell

Usually most through hikers are more sconsiderate.  I did have one person c=
all while I was away and on the second call left a nasty message.  Hey, it =
says in the companion to call ahead as I hike on weekends and work during t=
he week.  If someone desperately needs a ride I give them another shuttlers=
 name.

Fortunately most of my problems have been very funny.  I just ask for enoug=
h money to cover gas and I let the hiker pay me what they think it is worth=
.  I shuttled three ladies a totalt of 15 miles and it was a 20 mile drive.=
  THey asked me what they though was a fair price.  I said ten or fifteen d=
ollars.  They tried to give me a hundred!!  I talked then down to fifty.  T=
he next weekend they called me for a shutlle of similiar distance and I tol=
d them that there was no charge.  They would not get out of the car until I=
 took $30.  Those type of people are few and far between.  The smallest amo=
unt that I took for a shuttle.  A cold Pepsi for a 10 mile shuttle.  The co=
uple had only a few dollars between them.  They had managed to yogi three c=
old pepsi.  I did my good dead for the day.

I hope that I never have the shuttlers from hell.  I will get out of the bu=
siness if I do.

Grey Owl
Who hike in CT this weekend and trip reports coming.