[at-l] S-F book set in the southern AT area.

I've read some of Ringo's other stuff, I think he did a historical s-f built
around Gutavus Adolphus and find him to be shallow and rather uncontrolled
in writing style. In Dances he uses pages and pages to expound on things
that never have anything to do with the plot. I think Poe said that if you
have the protagonist pick up a gun he better use it by the end of the story.
Well Ringo never read that advice.

He is still readable but I didn't really get caught up in the story until
past the half way point, it will definitely be more than a trilogy though
since he just leaves all the plot threads hanging in midair at the end of
the book. If I had read the other two books I probably would have liked it
better, I'll see if I can find them.

Bryan