[at-l] John Muir Quotes for a Wednesday Morning

Hi all,

I am in the process of selling my last horse to a fabulous new owner who
thinks he is the bee's knees (which he is).

This is a big ending stage in my life (not being owned by a horse for
awhile), and a huge step forward to freedom. It means a whole new reworking
of my career post-hike (or, perhaps, career suicide!)

Anyway, that means associating with mathheads like my accountant. And when
he found out I was hiking next year, he got all excited. Seems there was a
mountain or two in his life Back When.

So he sent me these John Muir quotes, and they were so cool I pass them
along to you to brighten a mid-week morning. They brightened mine:

 "Coincidentally, I am reading John Muir right now. Your journal reminded me
of it so I searched for some of his wonderful phrases and brought the book
in this morning so I could copy a few quotes:

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness"

 "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow
 into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own
 freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off
like autumn leaves."

 "The water in music the oar forsakes. The air in music the wing forsakes.
 All things move in music and write it. The mouse, lizard, and grasshopper
 sing together on Turlock sands, sing with the morning stars."

  "The mountains are fountains of men as well as of rivers, of glaciers, of
fertile soil. The great poets, philosophers, prophets, able men whose
 thought and deeds have moved the world, have come down from the mountains."
 -
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: