[at-l] RE: Water filters & Urine

> And the water was so scarce people were pumping from practically mud
> puddles.  One guy said there was a frog in one puddle he had to pump from.

On our section hike of the AT we carried a PUR Hiker filter.  We are still
on the first filter. To keep the filter from clogging...We take along a 3
oz. water bag (you could also use a gallon size zip lock bag) into which we
dip water for filtering.  The mud particles settle in the bag ...Then we
filter from the bag to our drinking bottles.  We probably have 3000 miles on
the Pur Hiker and its never clogged.
SLIM aka Nancy