[at-l] Water filters and urine

There are a number of things in urine that do not particularly help you,
especially if you are dehydrated. There are protein degradation
by-products, but the major problem is the electrolytes concentrated in
urine. It makes just as little sense to drink salt water. Your filter will
not remove these, only removes particles the size of bacteria. Molecules
and ions go right through, just as small viral particles would.

Folks with diabetes mellitus do have glucose in their urine when blood
sugars are excessive. However, diabetes refers more to increased urine
production - for instance another condition rarely seen is diabetes
insipitus (spelling may be wrong).

In some parts of the world, consumption of urine is not seen as
particularly gross and disgusting. If you have other sources of hydration,
it probably won't hurt anything beyond your social status.

OrangeBug