[at-l] pollution?

--

sAunTerer writes:

The answer I was given by 'officialdom' (meaning NYS DEC) "pollution is
anything out of it's natural place as the result of the activities of
humans". The extreme example given in that discussion was "If a leaf falls
to earth from a tree, that's natural but if a human picks it up then drops
it in a different place, even if only inches away from wher it first fell,
it's pollution".
**** Oh no, does this mean I have to hold my bowels and urine from town to
town?
Ted
As a bureaucrat myself, it embarrasses me how ridiculous
some bureaucrats can be sometimes but that was the *actual example* I was
given. I comfort myself that some doctors, lawyers, college professors,
etc. occasionally say things just as ridiculous.

sAunTerer