[at-l] Smokies Pollution Web Sites

"...I  remember  reading  one  story awhile back that suggested that some of the
pollution  was natural pollution from the release of gases from the trees -- one
reason  the  Smokies  got named the Smokies long before factories began belching
out pollutants."

 Evergreen trees on hot summer days release small amounts of hydrocarbons, which
 contribute to smog and, if I remember right, ozone pollution.

 But  the  major contributor to the pollution that runs along the eastern United
 States are emissions from electric utilities, large energy-using industries and
 the  automobile.  Yes,  SUV fans. The more gas you use, the more you pollute.

 Weary