[at-l] Boot problem

I have a pair of Lowa Renegade GTX MID hiking boots.  I like them very much
and on my recent section hike through western Maine they were comfortable
and waterproof, as advertised.

The problem is there are places where the rubber which comes up from the
sole to the toe has split at the toe (top surface).  A very small affect as
yet, but I'm afraid it will get worse and affect the integrity of the boot.
This rubber sits on top of a leather (or maybe it's synthetic) material
which provides the structure for the front upper of the boot.

Is this normal?

Should I send them back and replace them as defective?

Is there some rubber cement that's available that will patch this up?

I would hate to send these back for a little thing, since these are the best
by far of the 3 types of hiking footwear I have used this year.  (Previous
pair of EMS boots were taken back since they leaked egregiously).

Thanks
Pb