[at-l] nice little story

Hello All,

  I am a newby to the list and so far have just done a lot of lurking.
I have a little story I would like to share with you, but I will keep it
short.  My husband's retirement party was last Friday and instead of
having a guest book to sign, they used a poster of a hiker on Katahdin.
It is the one that the ATC has in their catalog of a male hiker kneeling
and leaning against the AT sign and has the title "A Journey's End" at
the bottom.  As the guests arrived they signed the border of the poster
with their name and a small note.  Our daughter-in-law had written in a
little bubble above the hiker's head "Please, Janet, don't make me hike
any farther"  Since we hope to do the AT next spring, I thought it was a
great way to celebrate his "Journey's End" and our plans plus I can have
it framed and we can enjoy it much more than a guest book.

Janet