[at-l] mac-n-cheese

Welcome to the campfire, Tom. There are several ways to cook, as butter
can be brought in a few ways - such as clarified butter or Ghee (David,
check my spelling). Other fats for cooking and eating include olive oil
among others. Milk is simple, although you don't want to shop in most
main street grocery stores to find powdered milk that tastes good. Go
to the local Hispanic market and look for powdered whole milk. Your
local Kroblix only carries fat free, which is not a great idea. You
want the calories and the additional milk fat for flavoring. Cheese
should be another obvious way to bring your dairy products, especially
hard white aged cheeses which will be very dense and handle all sorts
of weather for several days.

However, after about the first week on the trail, hiker hunger will set
in. Anything and everything will suffice your appetite.

Bill...