[at-l] Heavy packs.

Sharon,

Reference your post, dated September 24, 2002.

I haven't monitored your thread, so this may be out of context.

"I liked the military pack idea though.  Now there's a group that HAS to
carry that much and one would hope that those are designed with some though=
to the body that has to carry it."

The military "upgrades" the human body to carry the weight.  It motivates
people to carry the weight regardless of pack design.

If a hiker is to carry heavy weight, he/she is self-motivated, and usually
in less than top physical condition; pack design becomes more important.

I bought a McHale pack.  It's expensive, a bit heavy, virtually
indestructible in Spectra Cloth, but amazingly comfortable.

If I had to carry heavy weight, that is the pack I would carry it with.

Steve