[at-l] Staying on Topic.

Semi-privately ---

>From: "J Bryan Kramer" <jbryankramer@msn.com>
>To: "Steve Adams" <stephensadams@hotmail.com>,<spiriteagle99@hotmail.com>
>CC: <at-l@backcountry.net>
>Subject: RE: [at-l] Staying on Topic.
>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:46:53 -0400
>
>A couple months ago a group of AT-L purists decided to drive all
>substantive
>discussion, political or otherwise off the AT-L and to a new Trail Advocacy
>list (TA). The AT-L was supposed to return to its old mannerly form with
>discussions limited to socializing trivia and nut-and-bolts practical trail
>advice. In other words long threads about underwear and feminine hygiene
>are
>now OK but discussion of forest fires are banned.
>
>Personally I assumed that the TA list would be dominated by the
>socioanarchist wing and never joined it.

It is.  But they're having problems - there are several "members" who won't
play the MMM (Mutual Mental Masturbation) game.  Things got right catty for
a while when it first started up - actually after Roxy and Bubba came on
board - and Bryan's name came up as a bad example. I was vilified, but never
openly named.  It took them almost 2 months to figure out who I was -

at-l purists?

LOL!!!

No - just some of us who'd rather cut a thief's throat than let him hijack
the list.

Have a good night -