[at-l] Staying on Topic - LONG

>Not all of us are anti WF people, but I'm starting to be anti you...
>I don't think you need to worry about having friends... Seems unlikely.

Just out of curiosity, who are the "us" that you are speaking about.  In
case you missed it, this list has a whole lot more people than just those
holding court in the corner.

I can understand the frustration that a number of people have voiced over
the off-topic posts of late.  Especially given this lists lather over other
off-topic threads.  Personnally I liked the suggestion that if one want to
introduce things that are far afield that they strain logic to find an AT
connection.

One can always send off-topic posts privately also.

But as long as the fooball thread has been started, what I can't understand
is why some of the posters seem to place such an emphasis on thier team
"winning".  Up until these most recent threads, I was thinking that everyone
would simply celebrate their favorite team's best effort and the leasons
those players on the field.  At least that is what I was thinking after
reading how most everyone measures the success of a thru hike attempt.  I am
real confused.

As for any individual poster's ability to make friends, I just don't get
that comment. Who wants to be friends with everyone they meet on this list
or in reality.  I don't.  Why is it so dang important.  The test of civility
isn't how you treat people you like, but rather how you treat people you
don't.

Rick B