[at-l] Staying on Topic - LONG

--
In a message dated 9/23/2002 1:14:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

>      A certain impassioned opponent on this list once told me my views on
> Enron were ignorant and I was unaware of power supply marketing and its
> complexities. A few months later the company was indicted and most of what
> was saying was proven correct. That poster elected *not* to respond after
> this evolution of events. I take what is written above in the same light as
> his comments. I doubt this too will receive a response. Maybe he was
> avoiding
> being "off-topic" - I don't know?
>

>       There are Trail members for whom these shallow descriptions and jabs
> register as wrong or even harmful for the Trail. Those people are Trail
> members too. I think many here forget that...

The problem with recent posts is that extreme words are used, like "NOBODY
cares", "EVERYONE chit chats", blah, blah, blah...

All those phrases do is propagate the mail people are trying to avoid.
I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle...

And what does this have to do with "the few remaining TP'ers"?
Did most of you give up using Toilet Paper?

Unfortunately for the trail topic purists, this list has had chit chat since
I joined
it (somewhere around 1996?).  But it was mixed with good trail & gear mail
(still
is).  I like that, for the most part, and delete when it gets to be too much.

This is a list where people actually interact & meet during the year,  so
there is
no way you are going to get rid of personal posts. And mostly, I think the
list is
better for it (it's a diverse list).

Russ Dade
ATC Life Member
Morris County, NJ Trail Maintainer (until I moved to SC).
Bass in the Lucent chorus & church choir (until I moved to SC).
NRA member
AOPA member
Adventure cycling member
Southern Cruisers Motorcycle club member
HRCA member
AT-L blabber mouth
The list goes on