[at-l] Staying on Topic - LONG

--
In a message dated 9/22/2002 11:50:27 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> But just what the heck is a "kinnickinic"?

Kinnickinick is a shrub that grows wild all over my natural yard.  It was/is
used for tobacco by Natives.  They also used it for sexually transmitted
diseases.  I use it to remind me of where I come from when I'm way away from
home.

Now, this is trail related because it addresses the problem many of us have
of leaving home behind even though it is also our great desire to be on the
trail for month after month.

It could also be construed to be trail related because it addresses plant
identification, which is something we all wish that we were better at.  Also,
it speaks of the beauty of growing wild rather than being planted according
to some manmade landscaping plan.  Enough?