From: <Augie521@aol.com>
To: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 2:06 PM
Subject: [at-l] Hello and pack question

Hi everybody...

I've been off-list for several months doing that grad student thing...I
decided to sign back on today and hope to be able to keep up with
postings..., seems pretty slow out there so far...  How y'all been??  Hope
everybody's been having fun hiking.

I do have a question ...  I'd appreciate any thoughts anybody has about what
would be the best pack to get to carry a lot of weight.  Like in the 50-60
lb range.  I know this violates all the 'Tuckerization commandments', but if
one HAD to carry that much, what kinds of things would you look for in a
pack?  (Kind of frame, frame material, suspension, etc).  Let's live in a
dream world and say price is not an issue.

Thanks in advance...

Sharon