Re[2]: [at-l] LOTR

> "What?  Are  you  saying  that our wanderings between Springer and
Katahdin don't help  prolong  the  survival  of  a  republican form of
government and a healthy earth?

> The mere walking of the AT is not a political act.
>
> Working on the trail or maintaining it, or lobbying for
>  it -- now that's a different story."

 To be or not to be.  That is the question.
      Are you political because you are compelled to run the gamit of causes
or do you live your life within the benifits of the government or quietly
abiding in the joys of that govenrnment avioding loud arguemnts and
political involvement.
        Who is the right person?  I think neither, it is your personel
decision made within the bounds of your capabilities and personality.
    Whose to say which person fully engages in life or changes the world.
Each has their part.  Often I find it's the quiet ones that get the jobs
done with out touting thier horn.
   The person that walks the trail and lives to tell just one other person
about it might in fact be the very person that gets the shaker and mover
involved.  I think there is value to the lone hiker and the more  involved
person.   Maybe not in todays criteria but who really knows the heart, soul
and mind and it's reprocussions on others.
 You build a house brick by brick.
Rogene