[at-l] LOTR

--
In a message dated 9/19/2002 12:38:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:

> It occurs to me also (er, how could I have overlooked it?)
> that the journey took a severe toll on Frodo -- and left him
> somewhat of a wreck on his return to the Shire -- so much
> so that he departed for the Gray Havens not long afterwards.
> And while he was well-celebrated at Aragorn's coronation,
> his great deeds were scarcely known or appreciated by his
> neighbors back in the Shire.

Still sounds like a thruhike to me...
If you are doing a thruhike so your hometown will have a parade in your
honor.... Try again.... If you want to fight your way from point A to B
(against cold, heat, hunger, thirst, mosquitos, flies, bees, snakes, bears,
dogs, pain, & strange people (Felix? Ted? Jan? Me?....), with self
satisfaction, some views , local color
and trail angels thrown in (no parade), then have at it.

I wonder if I can get Sam to carry the pots, pans & food for me...
Did Frodo have a Nomad?

Russ