[at-l] Trip Report

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 09:33 AM, Rami wrote:

> Amy said:
>
> (Not a doctor, but speaking for the experience of 30 or so
> broken bones.)
>
> =A0
> WHAT!!??!!??=A0 30!!=A0 What do you do, play rugby as the ball?=A0 I'm 34=
 and
> I've never even had a sprain I couldn't walk off, let alone a single
> broken bone.=A0
> Are you an evil genius looking for a superhero to antagonize? (obscure
> movie reference) (maybe I'd better shut up now) //while covering up red
> S on his chest\\
> =A0

Too obscure for me.. I should watch more movies.

> Ok, seriously, how on earth have you managed 30 breaks?

"or so".  Don't forget the qualifier.  :)  I haven't counted recently.

If you're a barefooted kid, it's pretty easy to break a toe.  I think
I've
broken all of mine, some of them several times.    I really shouldn't
count the thrice broken nose, but I do anyway.  I broke a rib when
somebody punched me.  Broke my leg falling off my bike.  Cracked
a knuckle with a butterfly knife.  Broke a footbone at aikido.  Broke
fingers many different ways doing many different things.  Broke
my tail bone by rolling backwards on concrete.  Broke a wrist bone
while attempting to learn how to skateboard.

Let's see.. broke my foot stepping off a curb.  Broke my foot again
stepping
on a rock wrong while hiking.  And again when a mean horse stepped on me.
I managed to sort of break my hip as a teenager - my verrry strong
muscles
pulled a little bone off when I sprinted after cooling down.

I'm sure I've forgotten some.  All those concussions, you know.

Contrary to Black&Blue's report, my hiking companions usually
come out unscathed.  :)

I don't go to a doctor anymore for small broken bones.  And I've become
very good at wrapping joints.

-amy