[at-l] Gathering was( Walden )

At 01:25 PM 9/17/02 -0400, greyowl@rcn.com wrote:
>It better to confue you with Redn with Saddam H.

Don't mind me....I'm just cranky and more so with the
Gathering coming up and I prolly won't be there <BIG SIGH>

I was remembering a certain Gather, some of us met for the first time,
in person and had such a cheery time .....LOL.  Somewhere,
during the night, around the candlefire, we formed the honorary lesbian
society.  I haven't had such a night since and I fear I shan't ever again.

BUT...please, neebees, don't get the wrong idea.  The Gather is not
a party scene like TDZ can be.  It is like a class reunion, except
class is still in session!  GREAT opportunities to hear presentations
and see vids and TALK to hundreds of hikers, many of whom have
hiked tens of thousands of miles.  Or if classrooms aren't your style,
just hanging out at the campground, you can learn a lot.  And see
lots of gear that we talk about here.

And the evening presentations are always worth while.  Plus a chance
to meet some other listers and put face to name so to speak.  And
maybe even have a memorable candlefire of your own!   My Mom
is having surgery that week or rather the week before so odds are
I'll miss it.  I envy all of you that are going though....bigtime.

Is it time to start a Gathering Rollcall?