Quitting/finishing/'Failing/Re[3]: [at-l] RE: Bryson's Book

At 11:34 AM 9/17/02 -0400, Bob C. wrote:
>"... Why did he leave the pond?" asks Kahley.
>
>"I  left the woods for as good a reason as I went there. Perhaps it seemed
>to me
>that  I  had  several  more lives to live, and could not spare any more
>time for
>that one." replies Henry Thoreau, who professes never to have been bored.
Oh goodie!    That just about sums up the query I've received from someone
who was loath to post to the list.  A Lister left the trail.   Was she a
quitter
or was she just finished?  She feels she was just 'done' but seems to feel
that others think she quit and that, of course translates to failure.

It seems that Thoreau has put an end to the failure concept?