Re[4]: [at-l] RE: Bryson's Book

"...Yeah  it  (Walden)  is  small  and so boringly dense and obtuse that you can
never finish it." reports J. Bryan Kramer.

I  guess that must be why it still sells thousands of copies a year and I've yet
to  see  a bookstore that fails to have a copy on its shelves. One has to search
for  the  other  "classics"  of that era. Only Walden seems to have a continuing
broad audience.

I've  often thought the reason may be the message and the skill with which it is
delivered.  A  mixture  of  seriousness  and subtle humor. But J. Bryan may have
discovered something about Walden that us denser folks have missed.

Weary