[at-l] RE: Bryson's Book

In a message dated Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:31:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, rafe@=
oasissemi.com writes:

> "Walden" is a painful read, IMHO.

My goodness!  That sure puts the discussion of Bryson in its proper context=
.  To me, Walden is sweet nectar, dripping with a succulence which could on=
ly come from a mind so wonderfully tuned in to Nature.

But we trail lovers have learned that there is much more that binds us toge=
ther than divides us and most of us have learned not only to respect, but t=
o actually revere differences in viewpoints that make the tapestry of life =
so rich and fascinating -- and sometimes bizarre and incomprehensible.  As =
my 18 year old says, "It's all good."

We have much to contemplate and be thankful for around our little campfire.=
  Let us be glad we are not a bunch of precision goose-steppers.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear