[at-l] Boredom / Apology

--
At 12:27 PM 9/15/2002 -0400, Red wrote:

> > My apologies for soaking up so much bandwidth on a moderately unpleasant
> > subject.
> >

>I don't see that any apology is necessary.  Or that the subject is even
>moderately unpleasant :)  It brought out a lot of insightful posts and
>various, differing views on the subject, no one called any names, it is not
>only Trail related but EXTREMELY Trail related, with the added benefit of
>being life related.  It is one of those subjects that help reveal more about
>the listers and bring us closer to understanding, them and the subject.  I,
>for one, thank you.

Er, thanks.  I guess the thread rolls on anyway... we
just can't help ourselves <g>.

The thread has had one mildly unfortunate side effect --

Specifically, some folks have mistakenly assumed that
I just plain don't like the Trail.  And I can kinda see where
one might get that impression if they didn't know me well,
or weren't reading very carefully.

I've been trying to reassure them (privately and publicly)
that this just isn't so.  Only an irrational person would walk
1200 miles on a trail they didn't like.

rafe b.
aka terrapin
--