[at-l] Fw: [PATH] Water Availability on PATH's Section 670 to 52-21 & I77

FYI

Chainsaw

----- Original Message -----
From: <BilBoudman@aol.com>
To: <PATH-LIST@PATH-AT.ORG>
Cc: <jbickel@atconf.org>; <tony@editorialservice.com>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 12:25 PM
Subject: [PATH] Water Availability on PATH's Section 670 to 52-21 & I77

    Tony please post this on our web page as soon as possible.  Hikers are
awaiting the news.
    I have had several requests from thru hikers and Section hikers as to
the
availability of water on the PATH Section.  With that concern in mind I
ventured forth to the promised land and called on local PATH residents -
MTS.- and checked on that.
    I have just returned from our section and this is the water report
survey
and status for PATH's Section of trail.
Starting from 670 at the South Fork of the Holston and going North to 52-21
&
I-77:
    1.  Water at South Holston adequate (PATH)
    2.  Water at MRNRA Headquarters/Partnership shelter (PATH)
    3.  Spring on FS Road 86/  trickle of water/will not die of thirst
(PATH)
    4.  Chatfield Shelter/ dry as a bone (PATH)
    5.  Lindamood at Museum/water (PAT
    6.  Atkins area/ water at Dry Run, Little Dry Run and at DQ, Texaco and
Barn            Restaurant (PATH)
    7. Spring water available at Blue blaze trail 1/2 mile north of 683 on
way to Davis        PATH Shelter (PATH)
    8  Davis Path Shelter and Reed creek water sources are bone dry (PATH)
    9. Water available on Middle fork of the Holston (1 mile North of 610
and
1 mile      south of 42)  where the concrete bridge is on   gravel road 742
(PATH)
    10. Knot Maul Shelter spring is bone dry.  Water 1/2 mile N and 1 mile N
of          shelter on the AT at the first creek crossing and at Lynn Camp
Creek               (PATH)
    11.  Lick Creek (1 mile S of 222 in Poor Valley) is still flowing (PATH)
    12. Pond on Chestnut ridge has adequate water but spring is just a bare
trickle.
        No water at Chestnut Knob shelter (PATH)
    13.  Spring at Walker Gap is dry as a bone. (PATH)
    14.  Davis Farm I have no report on.  North side of 623 (TECH)
    15.  ATC says Jenkins Shelter is dry (TECH)
    16.  Water available at Laurel Creek (615) (PATH)
     17.  Helvey's mill and Jenny Knob reported dry and dry conditions all
the way to      Pearisburg. (TECH & Roanoke)
This is the best I can do folks as of Friday Sept. 13.  All sites on PATH I
can ATTEST to.  VATECH I just go by what ATC has told me.

Bill Boudman
PATH
Trail Supervisor

PATH's email list. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change your e-mail address
see: http://www.path-at.org/maillist.html