[at-l] RIP, Froggy Pete - death in the Whites

--
At 11:23 PM 9/13/2002 -0400, siz wrote:

>I've just gotten back from two wonderful days of hiking.  Yeah, I probably
>did a couple of few too many miles (over 12 yesterday, and over 16 today)
>and ache all over right now, but that's the good life for ya!  Anyway, I
>found out more about that death from the cru at Galehead yesterday.  And
>found out I knew this hiker.

Wow, that's a sad story.  Spooky that you knew this person.

There are a lot of long-distance hikers on the AT trying to
"walk off" some personal hurt or trauma.  Not uncommon at all.

I'm guessing that the snow & ice on the ridge was a factor?

rafe b.
aka terrapin
--

---