[at-l] Bryson's Book

At 01:06 PM 9/12/02 -0700, Orange Bug wrote:
>One could think that. I just wonder why is it that I'm always busting
>my rump trying to keep up with a schedule that looked so reasonable at
>home?

A suggestion...planning a hike should be considered a separate
activity....totally divorced from actually hiking.  It's fun, passes
the time while you wait to hike but it shouldn't be taken seriously,
once you put on your boots.  I know that's harder for section
hikers who are more tied to a schedule but maybe you just need
to expand your days off or reduce the number of hiking days to
accommodate Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Think about your last hikes....were they as pleasurable as they
could have been if you had scaled down your planned miles?
If so, maybe it's time to turn and face the strain that _you_
are putting your hike through.

Either than or it's some weird macho thing <ducking and grinning
and hobbling>