[at-l] Excellent Reading

--
I am reading APRIL, 1865.  It is a worthwhile endeavor.

The setting is not far from the AT at a time when devastation was done by
warfare rather than paving companies.  Of course, it is a highly respected
historical account of the final days of the War between the States, but
knowing the AT helps make it vivid.  It is to areas like the AT that, had the
South resorted to guerilla warfare for the following decade or so, the
fighters would have flown.

In places it might not please diehard Southerners or embittered Northerners,
but I descend from both sides and find it balanced.

Kinnickinic