[at-l] Bryson's Book

I recall Prehistoric Tony, who was making great time on an AT thru, but
quit around NJ as he had lost interest in the previously appreciated
challenge of the AT. I've also read more than a few journals where the
writer has found the trail to be a drudgery, whether it was a lack of
scenery along the green tunnel or the constant pounding of miles into
one's feet. I believe that is part of the mental challenge of long
distance hiking.

Bill...