Re[2]: [at-l] java junkie

REI carries such a gadget, and it shouldn't be hard to make a French press
with a peach can. Cut open the can. Drill a hole in the middle of the
discardable lid. Cut a few triangles in the lid. Put the cut lid over a
fine mesh screen and cut around to make the screen match the lid. If you
have some silicon caulk, run a bead around the lid and screen, helping to
connect the two together. Boil your coffee and water in the can until it
looks and smells right. Pop the screen on the top of the boiling coffee,
remove from heat and press the screen down toward the bottom. Decant the
coffee and discard the grounds in an environmentally responsible way.

Okay, that requires a can opener, metal shears of some sort and some caulk.
I bet you have those tools.

And no, I'm not worried about the risk of metal poisoning from solder in
modern canning supplies.

OrangeBug