[at-l] Glow worms get competition - Way off topic!

After the observation of glow worms and their peculiar interaction with
the atmosphere, I was delighted to see this glowing hope for old bald
boring white guys. The article is from Reuters

*********
Gene-Altered Follicles Grow Glowing Green Hair
Mon Sep 9, 5:54 PM ET
By Keith Mulvihill

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Scientists have successfully inserted a
foreign gene into the DNA of mice that was later incorporated into
growing hair shafts.

"This will allow us to search for genes that will give a cosmetic
benefit as well as potential therapeutic benefits when inserted into
the hair follicle," said the study's lead author Dr. Robert M. Hoffman
of AntiCancer Inc., a San Diego, California-based biotechnology
company.

While the green fluorescent protein (GFP) gene, which comes from
jellyfish, has no medical significance, the main goal was to determine
if the researchers could make transgenic mouse hair.
*********

If you want to read the entire thing, the URL is:
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=571&ncid=751&e=1&u=/nm/20020909/hl_nm/gene_hair_dc

Do the cut and paste thing if it split in the wordwrap.

I am applying for Orange glowing rave hair by RUCK 2007. I hope this
will help night hikers as well...

Bill....

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute