[at-l] A Public Thank You and Expression of Gratitude

Hi All,

Miss you guys.
Still not recovered enough work wise to jump back in the AT-L fray. What was
I THINKING, leaving for a month...?

I wanted to thank all those who sent me notes, tidbits, (yes, even vodka),
and who signed my guest book. Even Curtis materialized from the ether.

But I have been editing and updating my journal. The changes are mostly
small, and not worth checking back in for, but I did want to post this short
little bit here, that I added to Day 28, Recollections and Tidbits.

Because it partly concerns AT-L's Kahley, and because I am SO grateful for
her offer of help.

FOR: Her seizing the ball and making it her own (to mix metaphors), her
native smarts, her spell-checks (pocketmail has none), her sending of the
occasional AT-L tidbit, her asking to post the journal here, her keeping me
informed on the weather and her just generally supportive nature during some
tough times.

She won't let me thank her personally anymore, so i had to take a moment and
do it here.

THANKS!
(hobble-running and REALLY ducking,)
Jan, who is still out-of-the-loop
LT '02
(DO you realize HOW ABSOLUTELY COOL it FEELS to type that???!!! )
---

>From Day 28
"- Speaking of feet, as I wrote to my transcriber Kahley (to whom I am so
grateful):<br>
A local country-club-type friend gave me a fancy-ass spa footset as a
birthday gift several years ago. I thanked her - and promptly filed
the ultra-ultra-girlie, gee-gaw-filled basket away on a closet shelf. Just
not the "spa" type, I guess.<p>
Now, after this hike, I find myself getting the kit out and holding it as if
it is the Queen's treasure...ooooh, loook at that soft
little scrub brush for getting all the dirt and Compeed marks off my toes...
oh, and a FOOT ROLLER, groan... and a PUMICE stone forshaving off those
nasty, blister-inducing callouses...yi! and what's this, mint
cooling mint creams for a post-ped rub...sigh...<br>
Ha! I have gone over to The Dark Side.<p>

- And special thanks to Kahley, a gal I have never met but is decidedly my
very own evil twin sister. She, too, likes Vidalia onions and moss patting.
Without her, not only would my journal not be posted online, but the Trail
would have been a far lonlier place. Let's here it for Girl Energy! yeah!"
--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: